The Zoning Inspector addresses zoning issues and complaints and assists the public with an understanding of City codes and what may be done on any property in the City. This would include setback requirements for new construction, accessory structures, decks, patios, porches, and room additions. The Zoning Inspector also enforces the location of fences, the location and size of accessory structures, and the size, design, and location of proposed signs. The general purpose of zoning is to guide and regulate the planning, subdividing, and development of land in order to promote and protect public health, safety, and general welfare.
Before ANY new construction; renovation project, building, addition to a building, accessory structure, or sign is erected or replaced, a zoning permit is required.
| You need a permit for the following: |
|Demolition of |
|Roof - if changing the height/pitch/overhang||Converting a duplex from a single residence||Relocating|
|Telecommunication Towers / Antennas|
- Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Basic Zoning Application (PDF)
- Conditional Use Permit (PDF)
- Home Occupation Form (PDF)
- Request for Zoning Variance (PDF)
- Permit to Install or Repair Sidewalks (PDF)
- Applications for New Principal Buildings (PDF)
- Applications for Water Service Connection (PDF)
- Applications for Sewer Service Connection (PDF)